BHC is one of the largest clubs in the Eastern region and now has 7 ladies’ and 7 men’s sides, as well as a thriving junior section and successful masters and mixed teams. The club is located on the eastern edge of Bedford, near to junctions 13 & 14 of the M1 and is in close proximity to Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Northampton and Luton.
The position we are recruiting for is a 2nd team coach within the ladies section and the key requirement is to attend home and away league games with the squad each week. We are also looking for the coach to act as an assistant coach for the main weekly training session for the 1st and 2nd team squads (working alongside the 1st team coach Martin Mason-McLeod).
BHC Ladies 2nd team is a talented squad who will be playing in East Division 1 next year - their fourth season at this level. After finishing third last season and narrowly missing out on promotion, the aim for the 2018-19 season is to secure promotion to the East Premier League. We are looking for a coach who shares the squad’s ambition and can work with us to achieve our full potential.
The team is a mixture of talented youngsters and more experienced players, so the successful candidate will need to have a track record in developing talent, have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate successful team management skills (providing regular and constructive player and team feedback). The long-term aim for the team is to become one of the highest ranked and most successful second teams in the East and to push for promotion into the newly expanded National League.
• Committed, passionate and motivating to give players belief & confidence.
• Delivers high intensity training sessions with skill development components and able to give strong technical and tactical input to the team.
• Demands high standards and is insistent on a professional environment.
• Attend home and away matches with the ladies 2nd team squad
• Help deliver high quality, intensive training sessions (with the 1st team coach)
• Support the selection process with the 2nd team captain and alongside rest of the selection committee
• Analyse performances and offer regular feedback to individuals and the squad as a whole
Qualifications and Skills
• Applicants should hold a minimum of Level 1 coaching qualification (L2 preferred) – BHC offers support towards gaining additional qualifications for the right candidates.
• Can demonstrate good technical and tactical knowledge
• Well organised and an effective communicator who can command the respect of players of all ages whilst being committed and ambitious in sharing the club’s desire to move forward
• First aid certificate, safeguarding certification and subject to a DBS check
Deadline for applications 11th July 2018 – please email your hockey CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07513 025712