BHC is one of the largest clubs in the region and now has 6 ladies and men’s sides as well as a thriving junior section and successful masters and mixed teams at all ages groups. The club is located near to junctions 13 & 14 of the M1 and is in close proximity to the likes of Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Northampton and Luton.
The position we are recruiting for is a 2nd team coach within the ladies section and the key requirement is to attend home and away league games with the squad each week. We are also looking for the coach to act as an assistant coach for the main weekly training session for the 1st and 2nd team squads (working alongside the 1st team coach Tom Hewitt).
BHC Ladies 2nd team is a talented squad who will be playing in East Div 1 next year which will be their third season at this level. The team is a mixture of talented youngsters and more experienced players so the successful candidate will need to have a track record in developing talent, have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate successful team management skills (providing regular and constructive player and team feedback). The long-term aim for the team, is to become one of the highest ranked and most successful second teams in the area.
• Committed, passionate and motivating to give players belief & confidence.
• Delivers high intensity training sessions with skill development components and able to give strong technical and tactical input to the team.
• Demands high standards and is insistent on a professional environment.
• Attend home and away matches with the ladies 2nd team squad
• Help deliver high quality, intensive training sessions (with the 1st team coach)
• Support the selection process with the 2nd team captain (alongside rest of the section committee)
• Analyse performances and offer regular feedback to individuals and the squad as a whole
Qualifications and Skills
• Applicants should hold a minimum of Level 1 coaching qualification (L2 preferred) – BHC offers support towards gaining additional qualifications for the right candidates.
• Can demonstrates good technical and tactical knowledge
• Well organised and be an effective communicator who can command the respect of players of all ages whilst being committed and ambitious in sharing the clubs desire to move forward
• First aid certificate, Safeguarding certification and subject to a valid DBS certificate
If you are interested in applying, please email your hockey CV to Ladies Club Captain Kate Costin (email@example.com) or call 07513 025712.
Updated 09:48 - 11 Jul 2017 by Kate Costin